论坛

low fat or skimmed milk in Kunming

pipper (9 posts) • 0

Every i go to buy milk its always full cream anyone know any skimmed or low fat milk availiable,

thanks

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

I've seen fresh milk that is labeled as high protein (I don't remember how exactly it's phrased in Chinese, maybe 高蛋白质) that I think is actually semi-skim, or maybe fully skimmed.

Interesting marketing difference between cultures.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

Carrefour seems to carry fresh skim, at least it did the last time I was there. Look for 脱脂牛奶, or show the characters to your neighborhood shop and see if they can get it.

pipper (9 posts) • 0

thanks i didnt see it at carrefore, i thought the 高蛋白质 milk was just high protein ill ask if that is low fat . Thanks for all the tips .

BBinKMG (37 posts) • 0

Metro (mai de long) definitely has both in north kunming. I buy it all the time and sometimes they have it from New Zealand so I don't have to worry about dying from drinking milk!

Dagoutuo (10 posts) • 0

I've been looking for the semi-skimmed fresh milk for ages in Kunming but couldn't find any. I guess the only way is to drink the long-life ones such as Yili or Country Milk(?) from new zeland which can be found in Carrefour.

jonny9 (59 posts) • 0

maybe a bit off topic, but why skim milk?

Reduced fat milk is not very healthy or tasty. The best time to drink milk is after exercise-it contains a mix of whey and casein, and is very hydrating and good for recovery. Skim and low fat milk always make bad showings compared to whole milk in all the research studies that I have seen.

As far as I know, skim milk is part of the lowfat diet craze of the eighties, which didn't really do anyone any good.

Not to preach, but maybe you should really be looking to increase the amount of good fats (fish, olive etc) in your diet?

Related forum threads

Login to post