论坛

Ice Skating?

chizzy (2 posts) • 0

I'm going to Kunming for the summer and I was wondering if I should bring my figure boots with me. I found out that there is an ice rink in Kunming but not sure how it works--no information about opening hours and skate rental on the website. Anyone has more info? Any figure skating fans? :)
Thankew~

ricenoodle (5 posts) • 0

is it Hong Ta Sports Center?
try to call this tel: 0871-4328888
but i am not sure whether they speak english or not.

piers (144 posts) • 0

There's an ice hockey team in Kunming and they get to use the ice regularly. Try asking Christian on 13187813484 or ask him to put you in touch with John Atella (ice hockey team coach). They'll be able to give you more info.

chizzy (2 posts) • 0

Great! Thankew so much to both of you! I have heard that the Hong Ta Sports Centre hosts a lot of pro teams and competitions, and hockey is pretty big too. So wasn't sure how much room there is for amateur skaters like moi.
Anw, people in the area who want to go skating together, drop me a message! :)

Kunming Hockey (3 posts) • 0

ICE HOCKEY IN KUNMING! We have a team for adults and kids. All levels are welcome. We play Monday nights. For kids it is 8-9 pm and for adults it is 8-10 p.m. We skate on an Olympic size rink that is one of the best and biggest in Asia. It is just a wonderful place. Cost is 25 RMB per session. If you need equipment, I can probably loan you enough till your stuff gets here. We do offer free coaching for kids and adults. We are just one big happy family. Location: we are about 20 minutes south of downtown near Dianchi Lake. Give me a call if you are interested. 13619606600 or email me at johnatella@hotmail.com for additional questions or to just talk hockey. I can give you basic info on figure skating, public skate and speed skating opportunities as well, although I would much rather just talk ice hockey!

Hope to see you out there.

John

Kunming Hockey (3 posts) • 0

By the way, if you call the rink, they don't speak English and won't necessarily tell you about our team. You need to contact me directly about hockey. They will answer questions about figure skating and speed skating though.

If they tell you there is something on Thursday, it isn't us. It is just one coach who can't speak English and a few of his local kids. Our team has decided not to associate with the coach for various reasons. We have 15+ adults and 10+ kids coming to our ice time. It is all about fun.

Give me a call if you want to come out. We can help you with getting out there, most likely.

Hope to see you out there.

John 13619606600 or johnatella@hotmail.com

NashPreds (7 posts) • 0

Hey! If you want an ice rink for hockey and the sorts, it's at Hongta Ice Rink. It's relatively far from Kunming, and pricey too, but gives a great view of Dianchi Lake.

ALTERNATIVELY, there IS an ice rink in downtown Kunming. This is largely unknown and quiet, as there's too many things going on. Know the Me & City apparel store? Follow the street to the left of it and you'll eventually see a McDonalds. Walk further on to the "B" building, and you'd have to go to the top floor to find the ice rink! 冰馆, it's all in Chinese, so you'll have to use you're chinese to navigate if lost (again, many do not know)

=)
email me at madarwin@gmail.com if you need help, as I explore kunming more and more.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Anyone been to Hongta Ice Rink since 7 years ago? Still there and functioning? Also, any updates on @NashPreds "secret" rink?

JanJal (1244 posts) • +1

From "Kunming Expats" FB group on June 11, 2017:

"Hello all. We are a group people really love hockey here in kunming. Since the ice rink in Hongta sports complex has been renovated and will be reopened next week. We will get back on the ice and start our weekly game soon. Anyone who's interested is welcomed to join us. Free 101 lesson for beginners. Feel free to let me know if you want to play some hockey in kunming.
FYI, we will do an exhibition game for the rink at 2 pm on 18th, if you are interested, come and meet us."

Related forum threads

Login to post