论坛

Topics of Discussion

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

@tiger: Wasn't my thumbs down. Anyway, all I meant was that we can all do this, but in an information age it tends to be overlooked. Chomsky, for example, once said how impressed he was about the way in which real sports fans keep very well informed, collect information about their teams and games, and feel free to argue passionately, and analytically, not only with each other, but with anybody who sets himself up as an authority, such as, perhaps, a sports announcer. Chomsky is apparently no sports fan, but he really did pay tribute.

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • +1

In all seriousness, I specifically came to Kunming to get as far away from American/European politics and intellectual discussions as possible. If I wanted to read political commentaries I would've gone to Yahoo comments. You guys are ruining my Kunming experience.

Let's have more discussions of the best mixian stalls and less of this useless chatter. Unless Chomsky came to Kunming and has a recommendation for the best Dai restaurant in town, I don't see how he is relevant to GoKunming

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

As far as I know, gokunming doesn't want to ban topics on the forums. Suggest you avoid this one.

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • 0

I'm pretty sure the site is named GoKunming for a reason......hummm, if only I can remember what that reason was.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Actually, Satirical, if you mean to say that the topics you mention should not be permitted, then your comment is fair enough. Is this what you mean? If so, I disagree.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

satiricalbloke, suggestions was that you dont need to read everything on here. if you avoid certain topics or posters then you are filtering for yourself without the need for censorship. a bit like a vegetarian visiting recipes.com and ignoring those with meat. seems reasonable to me. or changing chanel on your tv. there is a lot of crap on tv, but people dont watch all of it.

vicar (817 posts) • +1

I haven't responded to any male seeking male posts on here yet...

Related forum threads

Login to post