论坛

Bus door closes on man's head

kc430kc430 (81 posts) • 0

Today I got off the bus near Kunming center city. The bus ahead was stopped at the same station and as I approached, the door closed on a man as he was exiting. His cell phone dropped to the ground outside the bus. The door closed fully on the man's neck.

I saw only his head, the rest of his body inside.

I immediately had two thoughts: what a strange and comical sight, followed by concern that the man could be injured.

The poor fellow bellowed at the top of his lungs and people inside screamed. I walked over and picked up the cell phone from the ground. At that moment the door opened, freeing the man. I handed the phone to him and he remained inside the bus, yelling continuously, apparently chastising the driver. The driver got out of her seat and walked to the back of the bus I assume to apprise the situation. The man continued his furious yelling and a couple of uniformed street police(?)--one carried a two-meter black baton--arrived on scene. At that point I left.

What had precipitated the event? Had the man exited at the last second? Was he distracted by his cell phone? Had the driver made an error of some kind or other?

Don't know.

I tend to think the cell phone had something to do with it.

Be careful out there.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote 点击展开更多

No. It sounds like a person who is tired of people who pay more attention to their damn cell phone then what's around or in front of them.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

So many people walk around looking at their phones, even when crossing the road! Sometimes I wish they'd get run over, then I feel bad for wishing it.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I was on my pushbike and was hit head on by an ebike yesterday. The rider of the ebike was head down, and had his earphone plugged in so could not even hear my horn. Slightly buckled my front wheel and smashed his front mudguard. I exchanged a few pleasantries and rode off. Wheel straitened for 30 rmb, which probably took less time than arguing with the twit over fault.

Alien (3819 posts) • -1

Never seen this happen anywhere, though it must occasionally happen. I'd guess it's a combination of a guy in electronic twinkyland and driver error.

Related forum threads

Login to post