论坛

Kunming suggestion?

Kburns (4 posts) • 0

Hi!

My boyfriend and I arrive in kunming on Tuesday around 10am. We have some time in kunming before a 9pm flight from kunming to li Jiang. Does anyone have suggestions for things to do in kunming for that short amount of time? We wanted to go to the stone forest initially but are not sure if we will have time/are not sure about all of that traveling in one day. Any easy day trips that are also fun would be so appreciated!

Haali (1178 posts) • +1

Stone forest is probably do-able but would be a rush. I'd say, store your luggage in the airport and take a bus or taxi into the city centre, perhaps the Green Lake area as its probably the most charming part of the city, have lunch, then you could go to Tanhua temple park, it's on the east side of the city (same side as the airport) and is a good place to spend a couple of relaxed hours and you can climb the tall pagoda for city views. Beware, if the weather is like it was today, this plan won't work well! If the weather is bad, just go to Sals (other cafes are available) and chill.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Also, Dragon Gate (long men) which is some steps and tunnels on a high cliff overlooking dianchi lake is an easy-ish to get to place on the southwest edge of the city. You can take a cable car to the entrance from Haigeng Park

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I would head to the Minority Museum. It's a bit of a trek across town, but something you won't see in other Chinese cities. Maybe take a taxi Don't bother with the Minority Park opposite the Museum, which is a faked-up thing.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • +1

Do not attempt to go to the Stone Forest. You will spend money on getting there, pay the entrance fee and have to turn right around to catch your plane.

Relax and see the sights in Green lake Park.

Try Blue Bird Restaurant and then go to the airport as the bus is just nearby.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

Agree with HF, you would stuck in traffic on the way there or back. Better do something local, like Bamboo tample etc.

Related forum threads

Login to post