论坛

Latest attraction in Suzhou

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Suzhou, historical city, used to be famous for its gardens, moonlight bridges, landscape and such, now has a bigger Tower Hamlet copy Bridge than in London, to boast with.

For all you londoners out there, no need to go to London to see the Tower Hamlet, theres one in Suzhou, and its larger!

www.dailymail.co.uk/[...]

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

As a Londoner I should clarify that it is Tower Bridge (Victorian engineering marvel) and not Tower Hamlets (a high-rise housing estate).

The Suzhou version doesn't open for tall ships - I'll stick with London's

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

How have they created Tower Hamlets? Dirtied the place up, allowed the crime rate to soar, closed the shops down and moved in a load of Pakistanis?

nnoble (889 posts) • -4
Comment hidden by user downvote 点击展开更多

@napoleon

Your overt racism does not make you look big, clever and certainly not funny.

It's just outdated and unacceptable.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +4

@nnoble

Point out the racism.

If it is ''overt'' that should be quite easy to do. That is unless ''overt'' and ''racism'' are both words you use without fully understanding their meanings.

Your lack of understanding of Tower Hamlets and your ability to take offence, especially on behalf of others, and where there wasn't any, certainly doesn't make you more virtuous or intelligent than anyone else.

I'm just telling you the main points of a BBC Panorama documentary I watched about Tower Hamlets. If you believe Tower Hamlets have been represented unfairly, by all means write to the BBC and let them know the damage they are doing to an area clearly close to your heart. If your letter is witty enough perhaps Ann Robinson will read it out on Points of View with a dubbed over exaggerated American accent.

Related forum threads

Login to post