论坛

Applying to KUST Chinese language program

ficklestix (11 posts) • 0

Hello everybody,

I'm considering applying for the KUST Chinese language program and was hoping somebody could help me with a few questions:

1) Is it possible to join their Chinese language program in early 2017? I know the program starts in September, but their website says you can join at anytime. Does anybody have any insight into this?

2) What is the best way to apply to the university? I was thinking of using admissions.cn since their is no application fee. Does anybody have experience with this website? Does anybody know how long it would take to hear back from them about my acceptance?

3) I would like to apply specifically to their 10 hour/week program. Do I need to somehow designate this in my application or do I choose this option after being accepted to the university?

I would appreciate any info you can give me.

Thanks.

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

Is it possible to skip any years in KUST or other Kunming universities if you have some HSK qualification? For example if you have passed HSK 6 can you enter directly into 3rd year? Cheers

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

OP. It depends what you mean by the Chinese language program.

If you mean the degree program, I can't help. If it is just the language learning courses, you probably cannot apply through admissions.cn. In this case you would need to contact the university dept. that deals with this directly. If you are not an absolute beginner, and willing to pay, then you could slot into the course that started in Sept.
If they try to sell you an more expensive, small group/one to one program, there are non-university programs that would likely do a better job.

@Daithi
If you are not after a degree, then it is worth contacting unis to see if you can slip into the 2nd year courses. As these are sold on a year by year basis, it might well be possible. Most things can be achieved where a fee is involved ;-)

ficklestix (11 posts) • 0

@Daithi
Thanks for hijacking my thread.

@tigertiger
Thanks for the info. I am not talking about the degree program, just the language learning courses. Do you know a good way to contact them? I tried emailing them a while ago but never heard back.

All of the unis are on holiday this week. They should start again today.
Most unis are notoriously bad at sorting out anything non standard. Another reason to look at the like of KEATS, Huayang, and other programs that were designed to be flexible in the first place.

If you are a really studious person, a uni might suite you. If you just want to learn Chinese, and with a more practical leaning, a uni may give you a bad experience.

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

@ficklestix What part of my question was unrelated to "applying for the KUST Chinese language program"?

Anyway don't worry, you will heal with time.

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

If its a degree course it's woth asking if you can skip the first year.
I know many unis have an in house test you can sit. If you pass you start from either the second term or second year, can't remember which.

Related forum threads

Login to post