论坛

Officially approved veterinary

jules (15 posts) • 0

I just wanted to make an observation that animal/pet lovers are the best people in the world. :] Good luck with everything!!

liily (3 posts) • 0

eliseeee, I'm so happy to have found your post because I'm exactly in the same situation!!! How are you arranging it? I've been yesterday to a normal clinic to make antirabbies vaccination so in theory now i should wait for one mounth and then i can take her blood and send it to Italy but I wanbt more sure informations (also about the microchip is really mafan and i don't think i can trust what they told me ( i have to send it from italy!!!!!) so, anyway, I was thinking that maybe we could meet, because Italy and Austria shouldn't be so different, and maybe we could share this "shit" or at least just suggest to each other what to do!!! we are in the same boat! let me know!!my email is cristinasant13@hotmail.com

liily (3 posts) • 0

I discovered today that the clinic I have been to is the same clinic that are you guys talking about!

So...should I trust them? Because they just made antirabbies vaccination! I ask for other, like normal vaccination, but they told that there is no need!! And about the microchip is really strange because you cannot even buy as a private!! So I don t know what to think...what to believe, where to go to be more sure and safe...
And than... could you tell me how much did you pay for the agency service?thaks ablotbto everybody

KAYARAK (12 posts) • 0

aandt
Could you share a bit more about how long or if the dog you brought to US, needed to be quarantined. And if so, where it was held.
I am beginning my 3rd year here, and my daughter really misses having a dog. I have resisted pets because did not think they could go back to US. But your post provides me some hope, since I am not sure how long we are going to be here, but could be awhile. And I would/could never leave a pet behind! Thanks

MVKrigline (3 posts) • 0

Mind if I ask two more questions about taking dogs back to home country: will the chinese airlines allow small dogs to be transported within country ie. from Kunming to point of departure from China (Shanghai or Beijing)? Can small dogs be carried as carryon in special bag as USA carriers allow?

MVKrigline (3 posts) • 0

Also, to KAYARAK: We will be leaving Kunming for a year home leave the first of July and would rather leave our small 4yr old dachshund mix here with a family. Would you be interested? Email to email@krigline.com Thanks!

aandt (32 posts) • 0

Kayarak,

Our dog did not need to be quarantined at all, when we arrived in the US they checked him over at customs, reviewed our paper work, and that was it. We continued on our journey home and that was it.

MVK,

probably need to check with the airline, in our case our dog was too big for in cabin, so we needed to check as cargo. We called and arranged with the airline (china eastern) and they made the necessary arrangements, to be sure he was placed in an oxygen equipped cargo hold, etc.

liily (3 posts) • 0

Hey aandt...may i know how much did you pay with china eastern for your dog???
anyway who knows something better about microchip is really welcome to let me know, I'm desperate!
thanks a lot

Related forum threads

Login to post