论坛

What's Next?

Napoleon (1187 posts) • 0

Standard English expression: I couldn't care less.

Ridiculous American bastardisation of the expression: I could care less.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Is there really any 'standard English'?

The phrase, Napoleon, is so clearly logical nonsense that to criticize it for being so completely misses the point.

As if British English or any other English is somehow superior.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

It appears that many of you here realize very slowly that something is going on. This is probably because you rely too much on your wives (busy with kids or whatnot) and have no other connections than students and the nonsense crowd hanging on the bardisks. To answer the original question, to be able to analyze better whats going on, you need to abandon that CNN headline, not only rely on your wives, abandon the bar trash, you need broader knowledge, knowledge in the language, connections in society and a sensitivity for the culture. After that you can start to analyze future a bit and even tell your wives some important suggestions.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

The original questions were 'What's next?' and 'What do you think?'
What are your answers, Peter?

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

Well, it will probably not get any better. Its a lot connected to the economc outlook, whether better or worse. So you better follow economy very detailed, and not only from news, but from connections.

Apart from that the pollution has been a huge faceloss. And personally, I believe the urbanization experiment to be a mistake. So there may be a facelift in the horizon too. Now we can all speculate what this could be.

Another nonsensical post that basically says nothing. Peter, the all-knowing, thinks that he knows what we all need to do in our personal lives so we can properly analyze the future. Stop going to bars and relying on your wives. What the?!?!

"So you better follow economy very detailed, and not only from news, but from connections." Your sentences don't even make sense. Apart from that the pollution has been a huge faceloss... pollution can't lose face.

Peter99 (1246 posts) • 0

I thought Id just ignore you goldie, but lets say this anyway. At least you have a function around. You can lower the standard to the "ignorant level", so that gokunming can probably go on without being banned.

You are important.

Again, other than the last beautiful sentence, your post makes no sense making it difficult to respond. You remind me of my former boss. She was a nice Chinese woman and her English was pretty good. So she always tried to chat up the foreigners sometimes using new big words she recently learned but often used them incorrectly. In reality, she was a joke and a liar and just trying to impress her foreign male colleagues.

Remember, just because you can speak some English, doesn't mean you know anything about Western culture, Peter.

Related forum threads

Login to post