论坛

Package delivery point

Lvdh100 (4 posts) • 0

Hi,

I am currently travelling in yunnan and absolutely love it. On top of that I would like to order a xiaomi phone and have it delivered in kunming so I can pick it up at the end of my China trip. Only thing I need is a delivery address. Does someone know if delivery service points exist in kunming?

Any other good suggestions are also welcome

Thanks

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I don't think there are any delivery points per se. Most vendors won't send out a product without a proper address. I do have an arrangement with the cigarette shop next to my complex to hold packages for me, but that's different.

Have you booked a hotel or hostel for when you'll be in Kunming? Maybe you can have it sent to the front desk there.

KMSteve (10 posts) • 0

Alex, there are no xiaomi shops in Kunming. There are some fake stores selling a mix of fake and genuine products, and other fake stores selling only fake products.

Lvdh100 (4 posts) • 0

Thank you for the answers. I will try to order online and let them deliver to the hotel.

Will discuss it with the hotel that I am planning to book.

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

While I've had success having packages held at hotel reception desks before, I would be a bit hesitant with something as pricey as a phone (even a xiaomi ;-) ). Why not just buy one at a shop, you'll probably only pay 100 or so more than you would on Taobao.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

there is a Xiaomi store on BJ road. Looks authentic, I think the prices are same with online store.

ricsnapricsnap (193 posts) • 0

That shop at Baiyun on BJ road is not really authentic. Phones might be, but accessories definitely are not.
That's the whole point of why Xiaomi is cheap. They truly sell only online saving hugely on retail related costs.
I was meant to have a go and see over there, but for instance I doubt you can get hold of a Mi5. Online it's out of stock and sold only at specific days and times.

Lvdh100: why don't you buy it 3 days before your arrival in KM? The front desk won't really have to keep it long for you by doing so.
And you better check whether the base bands will support your high speed data plan abroad.

Lvdh100 (4 posts) • 0

People online recommend to buy online instead of offline resellers to avoid fake and modified products. I believe there is no genuine xiaomi store in kunming according to their website.

Mi.com has only certain dates and hours that they sell the phone, so that might be difficult for me. I found jd.com and sunding selling the phone as well (of which sunding is the cheaper one.) They claim to have a very short delivery time so I could just be in the hotel to pick it up myself.

Anyone of you has experiences with these stores?

Related forum threads

Login to post