论坛

Kindergarten recommendations

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

Yeah they are Christian, ...like hell....lol

But I heard, if they get all "Jesus this and Jesus that", you can tell them to slow down a bit and not to brainwash you young'uns. As, it is illegal by western [U.S.] laws, and Chinese laws to do so. Unless they openly advertise to be a Christian school. Which, of course, they cannot because, they have to publish their curriculum and thus being illegal in China.

So, tell the teachers to send your kids play on the playground, with the other [sane parents] children, when they teach you the religious crap.

@mandrake and tiger
Would you mind share the addresses of the montessori and waldorfers, we are thinking of sending our baby, for a few month before leaving China.

I know there are bunch of montessories and waldorf schools in Dali, but I never heard of any in Kunming.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

The Waldorf school I visited today is in 云康园. Would not recommend the other I visited. Still don't have an address for the Montessori school, still trying to get contact details for the school.

Thanks mandrake.
Let us know how it went and where the Montessori school is.

Did they[ the waldorf] mention tuition fees?

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

The better Waldorf is 2800/month. Expensive, but the teachers were friendly, not many kids, only 9 so far as it's relatively new, but at that price I feel I'd rather get my son into a bilingual school. The Montessori is run by a mixed race couple, I've friended the Chinese woman on Facebook and just waiting for her contact details before I know more about the Montessori school.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

Wow. 2800/month?!?! Crazy expensive. Always thought kindergarten was a rip off after working in several and seeing what the kids get for that price... and that probably does not include mandatory extras. Many times things like uniforms, food, bus fees and other things are not included.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Yeah seems you have to pay more for your kids to have more playtime and theoretically spend less time learning; and less money to go to public kindergarten and sit in class all day and learn with little playtime.

Thanks Mandrake for the info.

Actually 2800 is a snack compared to most the preschools I worked with.

Even the public preschools, once 1500RMB a month, are now more expensive. I think Gokunming even had a post about that. They should have popped the 2000RMB mark.

I guess the mixed couple are homeschooling. But what the heck, as long as they do a good job.

Please keep us posted about your findings.

Related forum threads

Login to post