论坛

Buying clothes in Kunming

petemarks (18 posts) • 0

Hi,

I wanted to know where I could find a store that had Western sized clothing for men. I'm not that big but fairly tall for southern China (6 foot, 1.85 meters) so most clothing stores don't have much that fit me.

In another Chinese city I lived in, there was an export store that sold surplus clothing meant for export to Western countries so the sizes fit me. I don't know if they have a store like that in Kunming.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have heard that there is an export clothing store at Luosiwan www.gokunming.com/[...] You could also try Gap.
I don't know if you know, but Luosiwan is a trade mall. You could easily spend half a day or more just wandering around. Sorry but I don't know where the export trader is located at Luosiwan.
There is a Metro/subway line that stops just north and just south of there.

Leland (17 posts) • 0

h&m or gap have clothes that will fit you. my husband is 1.95 and we have no problem (except for occasional sleeve length mishaps). just look at the number markings, they have 180 and 185 as well.

Long-Dragon (393 posts) • 0

SenLin stores, three in KM I know about, have larger sizes of all sorts and greatly varying quality. The selection varies greatly from time to time. 532-3229 There is one down the street from Salvador's toward the provincial library.

vicar (817 posts) • 0

If you don't mind looking like a grandad in 1982 or paying more for the 'extra material' you may find some stuff in the stores
If you want to look ok and save money, go on taobao

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

There is a place on the street that wenhuaxiang turns into after it crosses winlinjie. As I recall you go down a block and cross another intersection then about 50 yards on your left there is a shop I get my shirts at. It might be the senlim store mentioned above. They have jeans there too but I have not looked through them closely. And stuff is cheap. I am beginning to notice it is hard to find jeans that are not super tight around the ankles now. Even when I was in India I bought a couple pair of cheap ( like 100 rmb) 501 Levi jeans. I was iffy but bought them and then later regretted it as the ankle area is super tight and slim. I had to cut them up the seams. As far as shoes go it is hell here if your feet are over 44s.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Ha! Zhudan, you could start a new throwback fashion for 'loons'. Split the outside seem up to the knee and insert a wedge of brightly coloured or patterned material. When were they, early 70s?

vicar (817 posts) • 0

If you have big feet in those jeans zhudan mentions, you'll end up with a 15th century European style. Nice. I'm sure you can get those Mexican pointy curled shoes easily these days

Lester (84 posts) • 0

I have clothes made for me at one of the Tailor shops Zhianshi Lu, acrosS the street from Normal U. It isn't fashion clothing, but so what? Sometimes you can find big size things at army clothing stores.

Related forum threads

Login to post