论坛

New English Visa

fishlips (9 posts) • 0

Does anyone have any information pertaining to the new visas for English people.
I saw one place saying a two year visa with 90 days per entry. The Chinese embassy website says a possible 5 or 10 year, no mention of duration per entry.
Also wondering if this is available in any country or just from England.
Niceness..

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

It should be based on nationality, rather than where the application is made. That's how it seems to work for the 10 year visas Americans are getting now. One interesting difference seems to be the number of stays allowed per entry. Even in the US, it seems that some consulates are granting 90 day stays while others are only granting 60.

darkone264 (108 posts) • 0

when the changes first came in I was given 2 years and 60 days per entry I was given 2 years because that is how much I have left on my passport. the application process was the same and same cost regardless of length and number of eneries

I am Canadian same rules as US in this case, not sure on English

fishlips (9 posts) • 0

Thanks for that.

I've been told in the past about getting a longer visa if I applied from the UK. Its been a decade since my last visit, so was wanting to avoid it again for another decade. 90 days is far better than 60, though.
Do fish need visas ?

KMSteve (10 posts) • 0

I contacted the visa center, they replied you need to have previously recieved 3 two year multi entry visas to be eligible for the 10 year.

fishlips (9 posts) • 0

Thanks Steve,
I was looking to find out about the 2 year visa. Seems like it's 90 days per entry. But was wanting to find out if it's available oitside of the U.K.

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

The visa you can get and the duration of the stay depends on two factors.
1. Where are you from.
2. Where did you obtain the visa.
I have two friends who recently got the 10 year visitors visa with 180 day stay. Both were issued in Toronto on Canadian passports.
I have just received my new Canadian 10 year passport, so I headed down to Hong Kong for a new visa. Two issues:
1. There was already a few days less than 10 years remaining on my passport, so they would only issue a 9 year visa.
2. In hong kong, they would only issue the visa (normally) with a 60 day stay.
I checked with several agencies on this and was told the same thing every time - 9 years, 60 days, but the agency I dealt with went to bat for me and got it up to 90 days. It's still a pain but at least now I don't have to deal with the dreaded PSB all the time.
Remember, this is a tourist visa, so no work permitted, which is fine for me since I've been retired for a dozen years.

fishlips (9 posts) • 0

Thanks for the info.

One american, two canadians and a ten year visa.
Any people from the democratic republic of the congo can also chip in about obtaining visas to greenland.
Hey, its all good information.
I'll find out in the next few weeks and post it here.
All sarcasm aside. Thanks.

fishlips (9 posts) • 0

Thanks for the info.

One american, two canadians and a ten year visa.
Any people from the democratic republic of the congo can also chip in about obtaining visas to greenland.
Hey, its all good information.
I'll find out in the next few weeks and post it here.
All sarcasm aside. Thanks.

Related forum threads

Login to post