论坛

Getting a visa stamp at the Vietnamese border

flyingeggplant (18 posts) • 0

I have a ten year multiple entry tourist visa good for 60 days at a time. Any reason why I can't renew it by taking the train to the Vietnamese border, walking across, getting my passport stamped, and walking back and catching the next train back to Kunming?

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Bit inquisitive maybe but why does one get a 10 year multiple entry visa? Do you do these type of runs every two months then? Obviously yes but a pain in the a**e for sure. Surely easier to find someone help you with the 2 year/5 year one (not me, just saying lol).
Anyway no reason walking into Vietnam and back will have any problems, visa good for another 60 day lol

Hotwater (205 posts) • 0

Interesting question @ Redjon777. Getting a legal residence permit either involves being qualified (by the government) to work, a student or married to a local. Bearing in mind a previous comment by the OP on another topic I'd guess he doesn't qualify under my first point....www.gokunming.com/[...]

Though I could possibly be making an ass of myself by assuming something! :-)

flyingeggplant (18 posts) • 0

Hi all,

My point on the other thread was that degrees and qualifications don't guarantee talent. I've always had work visas everywhere I've taught, including two previous times here in Kunming, since I have a degree in English, a TEFL certificate, a CELTA and eight years experience. Thank you for the first link; for some reason it didn't come up when I did a search before I posted. I have a tourist visa at the moment because I've just come back to Kunming from the States and they automatically give Americans this type of tourist visa now and likewise for Chinese visiting America. So I'm just going to the border once while they process my work visa as you can't extend a tourist visa that isn't about to expire.

Related forum threads

Login to post