论坛

Travelling to Vietnam (UK passport)

gogokm (4 posts) • 0

Does any one know the exact rules for getting into Vietnam for British passport holders? I read that you get 15 days in the country free but couldn't find information on wether this applies to the China-Vietnam land border at Hekou. And is it only your passport you need? No additional documents like hotel or travel bookings?
Also if anyone knows the current situation with getting a train to Hekou that would be really helpful as I've read a few different things.
Cheers

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

I just needed my passport at the Hekou crossing, but that was when you needed a visa, which I got in Kunming. Now I believe you don't need a visa.

KMSteve (10 posts) • 0

Just a few weeks ago. You can take the overnight train K9816 that arrives in Hekou at 6am and wait around for a bit as the border opens at 8am. Once on the other side it's a short bus ride to Sapa.

redjon777 (560 posts) • 0

Just thought I'd mention my sister also did the K9816 route with a UK passport this week and went through simply :)

Nice Simple trip onto Hanoi afterwards.

jojio (54 posts) • 0

hi, you can check my post of last week for info if you like:

"Visa run Hekou info here."

check vietnam website to be sure about whether your country needs visa, some do some dont. but at visa office, just give application, photos passport and money, no hassles about invitation etc.
just gotta be sure that the day you want to enter vietnam is correct on the application form.
have fun!

Related forum threads

Login to post