论坛

Dali

kathryn (27 posts) • 0

Thinking of going to Dali for a weekend. can anyone recommend a friendly cheap guesthouse? I'm happy just to turn up and walk around looking for accomodation, but if someone has a favourite place let me know! :)

there seems to be so much to do in dali and i'll be there 2-3days. what are some of the best things to do in such a short time. are there any rivers/water holes to swim in?

would love some ideas. Thanks

lyzard (3 posts) • 0

I will probably be in Dali next weekend. Never been there before but if you're interested in exploring it I am traveling on my own. I'm planning on finding some hot springs and maybe cycling through small towns around Erhai.

lummerlaoshi (130 posts) • 0

My friend opened a place near the lake called Dragonfly Garden. www.dragonflydali.com or dragonflydali@gmail.com. (0872)2691518 or (0)13529657680. near CaiCun MaTou, ErHai, in Dali Old Town. The good part is that it's located next to the Lake so the sunrise and sunset are gorgeous and it's a very peaceful setting. Unfortunately, you have to take bus/ride a bike to go to old town (or take a taxi), so staying out to the wee hours of the morning drinking may not be possible.

I recommend just wandering around old town down the streets and alleyways and sampling all the interesting food. Some people also rent bicycles and ride around and my friends and I rented horses and rode up one of the mountains to a hostel located on top of the mountain.

NateKoppel (26 posts) • 0

I recommend the Jade Emu. It's not too far from the actual old town (a 5-10 minute walk) and you can book it online at www.hostelworld.com I believe. When I stayed there, it was clean, the owners were friendly and it had more than enough amenities on site (dvd's, books, food, internet, etc.)

kathryn (27 posts) • 0

Thanks everyone. will check it out.

does anyone know if you can swim anywhere in Dali? i don't mind the cold.

siayou (2 posts) • 0

hey im just at this moment in dali and i new a good cheap guesthouse its new a dormbed is about 25 yunnan the lokation is nice and in one of the best places in dali u might know the waterstreet....
so just ask for lees guesthous or cycling dali and u will find it....

EncryptedEncrypted (114 posts) • 0

I will stay two nights in Dali (3 and 4 April). I checked the Jade Emu mentioned above and prices are convenient but I would like to compare with other places.

What other cheap hostels have you been?

Thanks!

PS: the dragonflydali website is a Japanese site.

John Xie (109 posts) • 0

the price of a small inn close to the south gate of old town is low. 35rmb for a decent doulbe room. I stayed there last March.

Related forum threads

Login to post