论坛

Kunming travel plans

kathryn (27 posts) • 0

Hi,
My friends are coming to Kunming for just over a week before they travel around Yunnan.

Was wondering if anyone knew of some good activities around here. day trips etc.

i know about stone forest (although i haven't been) and i know its very touristy.
bird and flower market

Has anyone tried the hot springs?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thankyou

chris (144 posts) • 0

-- haven't been to the hot springs in anning, but i hear they're great, there is a direct bus from panjiawan/xiao ximen to the anning hot springs area for something like 10 yuan... dianchi spring spa on dianchi lu also has decent hot springs if you don't feel like leaving the city.

-- mile is a short bus ride away and has hot springs, wine and a big fat buddha statue, could be a good overnight trip

--haobao organic farm is clean and has amazing food, but not much to do after the sun goes down other than organic corn liquor and pakistani mtv

--jindian/golden temple is a decent place to spend some time and can be combined with food and drinks on the deck at moonlight corner's expo garden location afterward... easily one of the top places in kunming to watch the sun drop behind the mountains

--minigolf isn't very chinese, but hello haigeng can be a fun place to spend an afternoon with friends

--a day trip to chengjiang/fuxian hu could be good fun, the water there is clean and clear and can be swum in... might be quite cold at this time of year, but there's lots of good food and beds in the little hotels encircling the lake start as low as 15 yuan/person

i hope that helps,

chris

kathryn (27 posts) • 0

Thanks Chris.
Thats great information.

Can you go to Chengjiang/Fuxian in one day. there and back? swimming would be great.

I'll definitely check out Golden temple and anning.

thanks so much for your help

chris (144 posts) • 0

hi Kathryn,

you can do the Chengjiang/Fuxian trip in one day, no problem... probably best to hire a driver for the day - there is also a mountain (maotianshan/帽天山) just northeast of the lake that is famous for fossils... never been up the mountain so no idea if it's worth the extra bit of driving...

Related forum threads

Login to post