论坛

Cowspiracy

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

in the red corner we have meatballs, in the blue corner we have nuts. ding ding round 397 and counting

A12345 (102 posts) • 0

>>and the reason is that there is no science that exists that can refute Weston Price's research.<<

This goes into the research: www.vegsource.com/[...]

>>one article on the right claims that nuts can be the main culprit in weight gain. i have never met anyone who eats too many nuts.<<

Then you haven't met many people on a plant based diet, who are the audience of the piece. I've scanned the article and it looks good to me, lots of references to scientific studies and discussion with researchers:

www.vegsource.com/[...]

www.vegsource.com/[...]

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/[...]

According to Psychology Today, roughly 75% of vegetarians eventually return to eating meat with 9 years being the average length of time of abstinence.
The most common reason former vegetarians cited as the reason they returned to meat was declining health. One vegetarian turned omnivore put it very succinctly:
"I'll take a dead cow over anemia any time."

A12345 (102 posts) • 0

Although that site again promotes the hundred year old and wildly outdated thinking of Price, perhaps that study has some merit. I could not find more than an abstract of it. Perhaps you can find the complete study?

But it is a bit tiresome to jump from topic to topic all the time. I have just refuted your claim "the reason is that there is no science that exists that can refute Weston Price's research"

Has this independent and peer-reviewed research that refutes Weston Price's research changed your mind?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

My guess is that the Psychology Today article is only referring to Americans, is that right? I suspect the return to meat-eating for health reasons has something to do with, perhaps, not knowing quite how to balance nutritional intake without meat. Perhaps consultation with more Indians would help.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

@A123, I'll try to read the link when I get a chance. but anyway, i doubt we'll come to any kind of conclusion... these debates have been going on for eons.

ps: charles manson thinks people who eat meat are evil. so that's pretty bad if charles manson looks down on you.

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

since i moved back to kunming i have not gotten sick from meat. i eat at some shady places, maybe the worse is plugged up for a few days. i ate at a veggie buffet one time, for a week straight i sharted every other step.

Related forum threads

Login to post