论坛

Obama the dictator

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

sorry Lao but that is just nonsense. If you've every been unemployed or lived on a minimum wage job in the USA or UK, you would know that. For a woman with a child/children in the UK, it's a little easier, as you will get a 'council house' much quicker, but as a single man, you could be waiting 10 or 15 years.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

LF, the benefits system in the UK has been cut right back, especially since 2008. There are 1.6m people on housing waiting lists now, and most will never be placed.

People, even families, and disabled people, are having benefits withheld, for any small reason, including being late for an interview with a benefits officer. There have even been people with children to feed, who are trying to find work, who have had benefits cut off. This is all a hot media topic at the moment.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Thats because the NWO Robin Hoods are everywhere - Steal from the poor and give to the rich - I love Austerity!

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

tigertiger thanks for letting me know, i didnt know its gotten that bad. i read some ariticles on the abuse of the system, but not on how it works. thats my bad. i apologize for my ignorant post.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

That understandable LF. The right wing pundits and rags scream about every evil of the poor. They are an easy target. Unlike those who are avoiding and evading paying millions in taxes.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Mandatory voting was only one Obama thing lately. This week we had length of showers being regulated, more on children's diets being bad, EPA has new rules on energy use which Obama's law prof says is unconstitutional vague and very costly.

Obama wants you to use less energy. Yet this week, the Obama's his and hers trips from Washington to Los Angeles, and return, on the same day in separate airplanes, within hours of each other, means he can waste all he wants. Slogan at the end of Orwell's "Animal Farm:"

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Is it really bad in the US? My income is now less than $2,000 USD per month. I have a one bedroom apartment, cable TV, internet, use public transportation, get a delivered pizza now and then. My medical is nearly free and I see the medical people a couple of times each month.

My sons want me to move to a better place but I am close to the ocean and beach, transportation and shopping. So far, I am independent.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Medical care in the US is very good but not cheap. Obamacare is not about healthcare quality, but, about how and who pays for it. The idea that healthcare is/was absent is nonsense.

90% of Americans had health insurance. Obamacare was aimed at providing insurance for 100%. But a 64 year old man must pay for these coverages: birth control, child birth, abortions, and other female reproductive illnesses. But not to worry geezers get a break while the under 30 somethings get to pay more so we get the benefit.

Related forum threads

Login to post