论坛

Charlie Hebdo & media distortion

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

It affects me, as well as everything I think I know, and what most of us think we know, and the resulting opinions and the reasoning that leads to them, and therefore what we all do. I'm not just talking about the Charlie Hebdo issue.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

1/ Nothing to do with Kunming.
2/ If the cryptic comment at the end of your post is trying to provoke discussion of the GFW, etc. That is not really nice for Patrick et al to have to deal with.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Tiger: I agree about what Patrick et al have to deal with, and I do think we should be careful - we all live under limitations. But it has a lot to do with living in Kunming, as well as living anywhere else. Example: foreign news reports about China and the ownership of the media in, say, the U.S.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

State censorship is not a really good topic in China. The Chinese government does what it does in order to maintain harmony which is entirely consistent with it's ideology.

There is a bit to do with Kunming. Remember the splitist murderous attack at the train station last year. There is, albeit tenuous, link. Other than that it is just news.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

Alien: How do you get from get from a murderous attack in France to the subject of press ownership in the US?

What does ownership media in the US have to do with dead bodies in France?

If you are worried about foreign news reports about China and are attempting to link them to media ownership, talk to HFCAMPO.

BTW who owns the media in China?

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Geezer: Press ownership in the US, as well as Charlie Hebdo, was just an example - ownership of media in France would be more obvious - but it affects what is or isn't on the front page, and not only in the US, and what is said and what is not said, what news is buried somewhere, what people think is important and what they think is not important, and is reflected on internet forums everywhere - try reading the brutal, and often misinformed, comments on Yahoo news articles, for example. And it's just an example.
The issue of 'ownership' - one kind of control.

Related forum threads

Login to post