论坛

Which Android do you think is best?

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

Let's hear some opinions here. Do I buy the XioaMi Mi4 or the Google nexus 5? They are both about the same price, but the specs on the Mi4 look better.

I have been researching phones for the last few weeks, but in the 2000 RMB price range these seam like the best bang for your buck.

What do you think?

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

The Nexus 5 is a great phone for little money - but it comes with all the Google software which is now rendered useless in China unless you use VPN. Since Nexus 5 is a Google Phone, you can replace the firmware easily: I work with CyanogenMod and it's a dream.

Really, for 2000 RMB you can't go wrong with the Nexus. That said, the Mi looks like a great phone and may be more useful for use in China.

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

@bluppfisk well using a vpn on the nexus isn't a problem, but yes it is a hassle that everything Google is blocked. I also like the Mi4 it is a great phone, and I am more inclined to get that due to it's usefulness in China, and also should the phone have issues, I can get it fixed with the warranty far easier than buying the Nexus. That said, there are guys buying the Nexus from Hong Kong and selling them from Shenzhen on Taobao, and they also claim you can send the phone back to them should there be issues. The comments on the stores are all positive, so their rep is good.

I would like to hear from anyone who as had either phone and what their opinion is on either phone.

laofengzi (376 posts) • 0

xiaomi auto correct put me into a rage, but you can install custom roms on all androids. meizu, xiaomi, oneplus, and oppo all have flagship phones in your price range. take into consideration processor, battery, ram, and screen res. anything beyond that can be changed with roms, apps, and what not.

Related forum threads

Login to post