论坛

Temporary Residence Problem!!

kongtianhui (13 posts) • 0

Hi guys, I need your advise, I have try to register my self to the PSB but at the and the police ask me to leave the apartment where I live and find another place.

The story: 45 days ago I move to an 3 bedroom apartment sharing with 1 Chinese lady and 1 Chinese guy, the lady is not the landlord but at that time she was in charge to rent out the 3rd room and she told me that she will ask the landlord about the contract, I also told here that i have to register to the police station (PSB) and I must need a He Tong and she said that is not a problem and she will ask the landlord for the contract, for more then 1 month she keep delaying by saying that the landlord is not in Kunming (and actually is true) and he will come back next week. So after 45 days I decide (stupid decision) to go to the PSB anyway and tell them that now I am staying to this new place and I still don't have the contract but I wanna register anyway to avoid any problem with the Chinese Law, so the police find out the landlord number by looking my apartment's address on their computer and at the end the landlord (that again is not in Kunming since he is enjoining the money earn from renting houses around) decide to don't give me the contract because he think is too complicated since I am a foreigner.

So the police say that I have to move to another place in 24h.

Is there any way to solve this problem? any of you guys ever had this problem? and more important what can happen to me, my roommates and landlord if I don't move out and stay in this apartment without register to the PSB?

Thanks guys.

Jodz Fantast (1 post) • 0

do u have any chinese friends who cqn help you with this? In China, it's quite easy to get a renting contract. It's too stupid to go to the police without the complete material. Ask your roommate to help you on that. Usually, we can print a contract ourselves, the landlord just needs to sign the name. Best wishes

Mandrake (129 posts) • 0

I have never been in this situation. But I do know the laws with registering with the PSB can be strict and strictly enforced should the PSB decide to enforce the law.
If the landlord doesn't want to do the contract, then I think you are caught between a rock and a hard place and have no choice but to move. You will not be able to register with the PSB without a contract.

If you don't move out I am not sure what will happen to you, your room mates and the landlord; but I think you may be getting yourself into more trouble if you don't move. You could face a fine, maybe imprisonment, and possibly deportation. Believe me you don't want to fuck with the PSB.

My 2 cents though, I think it is unreasonable for them to expect you to move out and find a new place within 24 hours.

I had a Chinese roommate help me in this and handle with the police, but the police scared the landlord on the phone, by saying they except the contract they need the propriety certificate to proof that the landlord is the real owner of the house and the landlord as to sign a document saying that the landlord take responsibility of my actions in China, things so wired so that's way the landlord don't wan't give me the contract anymore.

The first time I register in GuanDuQu they just wanna a contract that it.

The PSB where I have been is in the corner between KeFaLu and HaiYuanBeiLu under WuHua, can I go to a differte PSB and try again?

I know that, especially if I will wanna stay in China for another semester, I should mess up with the PSB, but do some PSB officers really check where I am living? for the PSB I am still living in my old place in GuanDu and when I have been to this new PSB to register they didn't take my information, just the address of the apartment to then talk with the landlord, do they note down the address to send somebody to check if I am still here in the next days, weeks or months?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

You want to mess with the PSB and try to be sneaky with them? Last time you were asking for advice on how to manage to do illegal work in China. Now you are asking how to manage to stay illegally in the country, and you have the audacity to blame everyone else who's involved except your guilty self. Another one of those fekking Westerners who think they are above the law and ruin it for the rest of us.
Your landlord isn't refusing because you are a foreigner. Enough with the incessant whining and playing the victim. He just doesn't know what to provide for the documentation. So, write a contract with your current rental agreements, ask your Chinese "lady" roommate or your Chinese "guy" roommate to help your 'gentleman' ass to translate it in Chinese, date it, sign it, and leave a blank space for your landlord to sign after he is satisfied with the content. You've already pissed him off, so make sure to not act like yet another annoying needy western guy when asking to check the documents.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@yankee00

Right on!!! It amazes me that people come to a public forum and report their plans to violate Chinese law and even ask for advice on how to do it. Other foreigners plan to violate the law and ask if there will be any consequence. Amazing, dumb but amazing.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

If you're here on a student visa - your school should be able to help you with this.

If you're here on a work visa - your company should be able to help you with this.

If you're here on a travel visa - you'd better have friends, who can help you with this.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Move to a hostel or hotel or somewhere immediately to satisfy the PSB, then see if you can change the landlord's mind. I doubt if you'll succeed, but if you don't, rent another place and get the contract right this time.

Related forum threads

Login to post