论坛

Big bubble envelopes for shipping

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

I had opposite luck to Quiteone. Mailed a very nice but inexpensive book to my friend in England (shipping cost more than the book, haha) but he never received it. Sad about that. I could go and buy another as, as I said it was real cheap, but what's the point for it to just go missing again.

Likewise, coming the other way, my mum has sent about seven parcels over the years, I've received three of them. Nothing valuable inside, just some clothing and toiletries. Seems I'm shit outta luck when it comes to getting packages. Friends always have better luck than me.:'(

Good luck on your delivery! : )

Quiteone (8 posts) • 0

Sorry to read of your bad luck with mail, try this you may do this I do not know!!. Have your name and address [don't miss any thing] printed out in Chinese, plus do in English do the same for return to sender address, zoom too 125% copy out email to your Mum or friends they then print out size to suit mail, Bear tape on to mail [use plenty] do customs declaration,then should have 99% chance of delivery I have been using this method for 3 years now have not had a failure. hope this helps.
Cheers.

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Thanks for the tips. I'll try it next time. My mum is kind of unwilling to send things these days though, she's lost so much money...

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Yeah, I actually also just stopped using the post office to send or receive mail after too many weren't being delivered. I'd rather use private shipping companies for importing stuff, or wait until I go home or when friends or family come over.

redjon77 (510 posts) • 0

I've had the same problems with parcels sent by royal mail. Out of about ten parcels I've had sent here three have gone missing.
Think I'll make sure family don't send me anything now using the post office as everything seems to be done right and still happens to me!

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

sorry, in my post above, I meant "sending stuff" instead of "importing".

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

DHL have lost stuff too.
Someone suggested actually going to the PO/Courier office, and actually going through the log yourself, as a better way of finding the lost.
If the address was put on in Chinglish/Pinyin the local PO may not be able to read it, seriously.

Silvio DaVinci (282 posts) • 0

Most quality shipping companies have foam-wrap and bubble-wrap at hand. I don't think we ever paid for it.

We ship things regularly and use a ton of that stuff. If you want you can pick some up from us or find a shipping company near you like STO or Sf-Express and just bring your item(s) and they'll wrap it for you on the spot and fill in the address-card and send it on it's merry way.

parisianguy (45 posts) • 0

Update. Just FYI, the parcel which I sent SAL (surface air limited) was sent by air (via Beijing) and has already arrived....unopened with the dictionary in perfect condition. China Post delivered! :)

Related forum threads

Login to post