GoKunming Forums

tattoo artist in Kunming?

serious_ (23 posts) • 0

Greetings,

Is there any legit tattoo artist here in Kunming?

Im looking for something very professional and clean - perhaps something international?

Wouldnt wanne be sloppy with these things!

appreciate all help, useless to usefull :D

BillDan (268 posts) • 0

I do not sport tattoos myself but lived in Seattle and know good tattoos from bad from what I saw there. I would really be careful about tattoos in a country, like China, where they are shunned and can prevent you from getting jobs or joining the military. Tattoos are not a cultural commodity like in the States or even in places like Japan. That being said, I am seeing more and more good looking tattoos that appear to be real. Lots of temp tattoos here. They simply look too real. Where those people are getting them is another question. Maybe if you see a Chinese person with one you can ask them if you speak enough Chinese. Chinese people usually are pretty helpful in regards matters like these.

serious_ (23 posts) • 0

Thanks for the response, i agree with you there, they are generally really helpful. Hopefully some nice place will turn up. I'd like to get it here as a surprise for the folks at home!

PatTang2012 (7 posts) • 0

Chinese Tattoo artists are of a very high standard now. Plenty about.
Many men and women have them here, only thing holding them back is cost, not culture stigma.
You do get a lot of expats turn their nose up at ya thou when you go for a job, like back home.

Lulan (9 posts) • 0

Hi,
I'm Lola, have been in Kunming for three years. I got two tattoos from Dahai (the guy in Kundu), and they're great. But Dahai makes you pay different prces according to the accuracy of the tattoo. I also know another good tattoist, he's my room-mate and has made me two quite big and precise tattoos. He doesn't speak English, but i can always translate.
His number is 13700690349 (name's Yang Heng), mine is 15198749280.
I could meet you somewhere so you can check out my tattoos if you want (one of them is only two days old), or you could send me an e-mail (lolapetitcabri@hotmail.com) and i could send you pictures of his work.
Hope you find what you need!
Lola

Sophie/Ruoya (7 posts) • 0

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever get a tattoo? I'm gonna be in Kunming for a while studying and I am thinking about getting a tattoo while I'm there.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

yes there are some good studios, 400y an hour. if its not hourly dont waste your time because they rush. if they rush on the outline the lines and color depth is crap. anything but outlines can be touched up. also if youre not fluent in chinese take a friend. color palletes are hard to explain. a printed picture or idea is never enough. many shops dont change needles based on colors to save time. if they dont mix their colors leave. never do walk ins and never trust their portfolio, watch them in action. oranges, yellows, and greens are near impossible to get removed. so if you want colored tattoos never rush, and do reasearch. ive have many colored tattoos that are about 10 years old and still have not faded. start with something small and get the artists style. never go into a shop with a strict design, let them have their view and draw it out. avoid realism in kunming and find someone who will free hand.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

message me with contact info when you get here ill take you around.

Related forum threads

Login to post