GoKunming Forums

New airport in Kunming

BBinKMG (37 posts) • 0

Does anyone have an idea about when the new airport is likely to be open? I've been following it for years and it seems like the open date just changes by one year forward each year.

It seems odd that we don't ever see any news on this other than when there is an accident. But then, maybe I'm one of the few who cares. I'm looking forward to more direct international flights.

dirkje (4 posts) • 0

There is not much information to find about the recent developments.Is anyone there who has more info?Has someone already taken a look at the spot?Please give me an update:-)

detroitweb (7 posts) • 0

I took the train due east of KMG and it rolls by the new airport. It is coming along. I have 3 friends that work there. They all say Jan. 1 2012.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Heard KLM is in negotiation to operate flights from new airport. Amsterdam, Schiphol direct flight would be nice. Anyone heard or read anything more concrete?

Aaron Chan (4 posts) • 0

It will be available in the Januray 1,2012.I'm told the airport is the fourth large international airport in China.I have seen some pictures about it and think it is really a spectacular building!

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

Not so much interested in how big or how beautiful, more concerned with where the aircraft go, particularly the international flights heading toward Europe.

Related forum threads

Login to post