GoKunming Forums

city buses to new long-distance bus stations

Lester (84 posts) • 0

Is there a web site which will tell me, eg, which city bus will take me from the Kunming U. area to Cheng Gong? Or to the new North long distance bus station, near Metro? If I could afford a taxi to Cheng Gong, I probably wouldn't want the bus to Jing Hong, eg.

Thanks.

lester.ness

kemeilin (17 posts) • 0

I'm not sure about the north station, but if you want to go south to JingHong for instance, get the 154 just east of the train station and take it to the end. The south long-distance station is right in front of the stop.

Nanzhao (18 posts) • 0

The Kunming Bus website (if you read Chinese) is useful if a bit clumsy to use: www.kmbus.com.cn/

Not your original question, but thought I'd add it nonetheless. To get to the West Station (Xibu Keyunzhan ) one option is to take the #82 from Nanping Jie (right at the center of town). Since it entails going from one end (zhongdian zhan) to the to other (in Majie) it is relatively easy to get on with a backpack or small suitcase. The station is about 100 meters on the left (exiting from the bus).

The official bus site actually will give the wrong result if you type in "xibu keyunzhan"(西部客运站) instead type in "xishan qiche keyunzhan" (西山汽车客运站)

GeogramattGeogramatt (203 posts) • 0

Bus Number 14 goes from the 小西门 the bus station to Chenggong. It leaves every half hour or so.
City bus Number 12 also goes to Chenggong.

fogdear (99 posts) • 0

from the north public bus station you can take the free T bus to the new South Long distance station. it leaves every hour and is super packed in the mornings. It takes around 45 minutes to an hour to get there.

trice (36 posts) • 0

from Jian she Lu you can take bus 98 to the end then take the 170 south to Cheng Gong - note the 170 is 2kuai to ride - but I don't know the name of the stop down there. It's right next to the new Lousiwan

Related forum threads

Login to post